More than thousands of android apps are being uploaded daily on the Google Play Store. Although a lot of them are made available for free, there are still a number of apps that incorporate some pricing standards. On taking a closer look, we found some parameters that are used to price these apps.
DETERMINING FACTORS FOR APP PRICING
- The type of app being developed, the platform used, the time and money invested, the complexity involved and the features included.
- The back end functionalities and server inclusion – the average cost of such apps are slightly higher.
- The level and expertise of the developing organization in the industry.
- The costs incurred on marketing, update frequencies, personal investments and other external costs.
- Business model involved and the design solutions for the same.
AVERAGE PRICING STATISTICS OF SOME OF THE MOST POPULAR APPS
The price for a mobile app ranges from a minimum of $6000 to a maximum of around $1500000, given that the above factors are taken into serious consideration. One strikingly important example in this case is Instagram, which was reportedly claimed to have chewed up more than $500000 in venture funding for a high definition frontend and backend. Another astounding example that can be stated is that of Uber, which reportedly consumed around $1500000, because of the powerful servers included in their app.
Some of the top app development companies charge anywhere from $49 to $199 per hour.. The demand for Smartphone application development has increased in the past few years and this has led to a noticeable hike in the prices of apps.
PRICING BREAKS FOR APP DEVELOPMENT
- Type of App: Basic Android App
Time taken for completion: 6-12 weeks
Features involved in the app:
- Incorporation of map view
- Property list
- Simple search feature with easy navigation options
- Simple property views
- Minimalistic UI/UX for better performance levels.
- API integration
- Social integration facility
The approximate cost for the development of such apps is noted to be around $35000, which includes the overhead charges and the external marketing costs.
- Type of App: Mid-level android app
Time taken for completion: 10-23 weeks
- UI/UX support for tablets and other screen resolutions
- Map based search and navigation features
- Easy integration of the app with the social accounts of the user
- Application of refined search criteria
- Detailed property view
- Role based segregation of the given application
The approximate cost for the development of mid-level android apps is noted to be around $70000 which includes the overhead charges and the external marketing costs.
- Type of App: Complex Android App
Time taken for completion: more than 28 weeks
- Integration with third party servers and merchants
- Customizable interface with cool animation features
- Application of advanced search refinements
- Integration of payment gateways and back-end servers
- Incorporation of live chat features for best applicability
ADVANCED PRICING BREAKS ON APP DEVELOPMENT
Listed below are some different categories of apps and the costs incurred for the development of the same:
- Simple table based apps cost around $3000–$8000. Incorporation of different features like GPS locators may incur some overhead charges.
- A native database app can cost around $8000–$50000 and often includes a heavy front end graphic based system.
- Gaming apps cost around $10000–$250000 and often require a complex development process.