What is TWRP?
TWRP is an abbreviation for Team Win Recovery Project, which is an open-source custom recovery software for Android smartphones and tablets. TWRP is used to flash third-party custom ROMs, Kernels, and mods, and also to take an Android backup. It also provides the user with a complete touchscreen-based interface and allows users to root Android via SuperSU and Magisk Module. So, it is often preferred over other custom recovery software such as ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery.
What is Flashify?
Flashify is an application available on the Google Play Store. With Flashify, you can flash .img files such as CWM or TWRP recovery. You can also flash zip files, wipe data, cache, and Dalvik cache without even booting into recovery mode. With the help of Flashify, you can even download and install Gapps, Kernels, modules such as Magisk or Xposed installer, etc. Flashify can also be used to take a backup and restore stock recovery and stock kernel.
How to Install TWRP Recovery using Flashify app
Install TWRP Recovery without PC on any Android device. Download the latest TWRP 3.2+ using the Flashify app. To install TWRP recovery via fastboot or terminal emulator, we require a computer. It is a complicated task because it involves the use of a lot of commands.
Due to which it becomes difficult to install TWRP recovery on any Android phone. As a result, to avoid this, we’ll discuss another method to install TWRP Recovery without PC and fastboot on any Android device. Here in this guide, we will use the Flashify app to install TWRP recovery without a PC.
Flashify is a free app available in Google Play Store. You can flash IMG files such as CWM or TWRP recovery with this app. In addition to that, you can also flash boot, zip file, wipe Dalvik, data cache without even entering any recovery mode.
Besides, you can even download and install gapps, kernels, mods like Magisk or Xposed installer, etc. Along with that, you can use Flashify to backup and restore stock recovery, custom recovery, and stock kernel. You can save this backup data on Dropbox, Google Drive, or your phone’s SD card.
Also, read: How to Fix Samsung Internet Keep Stopping Issue
How to Install TWRP Recovery without root on Android
- Firstly, make sure to backup your phone to not lose any data from any issue in the installing process.
- Before you have anything to do with your phone, you first need to install Android SDK Tools on your PC. You have to go to the Android Developer Website and download the tool under “Command line tools only” with respect to your operating system.
- After you finish downloading the Android SDK Command line tool, extract the zip file in a location of your choice on your PC.
- Now, you need to go to the TWRP – Team Win Recovery Project website and download the TWRP image for your Android device.
- Select the manufacturer of your phone and select the model of your device to download the image file.
- Moving on to the Android device, go to Settings > About > tap on “Build Number” for seven times to get access to Developer options.
- Now, after enabling Developer options, open it and select “USB Debugging” and select Ok when prompted to Allow it.
- Next, scroll down through Developer options and search for “Enable OEM Unlock” and select it to allow OEM Unlocking. Upon selecting, the device will prompt you to enter your phone password and will show a message saying that enabling it will disable the device protection feature. Follow through it and enable it.
- Now, the work is with connecting your Android device to your PC via the micro-USB or Type-C cable. After connecting your device to your PC, a prompt will show up on the device asking you to allow USB Debugging. Click on “Always allow from this computer” and hit “Ok”.
- The installation process of TWRP recovery without root starts here. You will need to open command prompt on your PC where you have extracted the Android SDK Tools file. Also, copy the TWRP image file that you have downloaded to this folder.
- After copying the TWRP img file to the Android SDK Tools folder, open command prompt by right clicking within the window. In the command window, type the following command.
How to Install TWRP 3.0.0 on Android Phones with Flashify
- First of all, you have to download and install Flashify from play store or by entering directly here
- Up next, download the TWRP 3.0.0 image file from here
- You must select the recommended image for your device
- It’s time to open flashify
- Note that it will ask for SuperSu permission, so grant it
- Go to the main page click on recovery image and choose recovery.img file or twrp.img file
- All you have to do is to click OK to flash TWRP 3.0.0 recovery on your device.
- That wall the entire procedure! If you find this guide as being useful, kindly share it with others using the share buttons.