In this fast-paced life, finding enough time to prepare a complete meal is not going to be easy. Moreover, if you manage to do that, the taste will never be there, resulting in health problems. Therefore, knowing about fast and easy meals for busy meals is essential. I have also been working hard for a long time and often prepare my meals on my own. Therefore, I created this blog post to help you learn about the quick foods you can cook to save time and effort. The taste and purity are guaranteed along with health benefits if you follow the details precisely.
Quick and Easy Meals for Busy Lives
The following are the details about the top 8 quick and easy meals you can cook to overcome your hunger and energize yourself to perform daunting tasks throughout the day while saving enough time.
1 – One-Pan Chicken and Vegetables
One-pan chicken is pretty simple to cook. The combination of lean protein from chicken and colorful vegetables ensures a comprehensive meal. Additionally, the oven performs most of the tasks, helping you to save time for other crucial activities.
- Chicken (breasts/thighs)
- Assorted vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli, carrots)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika
- Run the oven for preheating up to 400°F.
- Take a baking sheet and place chicken and chopped vegetables over it.
- Sprinkle olive oil, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, and salt over it.
- Toss everything to coat it evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked completely.
2 – Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas and Feta
Another refreshing and powerhouse meal is Quinoa salad with chickpeas and pasta. The Quinoa mainly provides proteins, while chickpeas serve as boosters, and feta cheese adds more flavor to your meal, making it satisfying.
- Canned chickpeas
- Feta cheese
- Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion
- Olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, fresh herbs (optional)
- Every quinoa is cooked according to the specific instructions on the package. Follow the.
- Mix the cooked quinoa with chickpeas and chopped vegetables. Add crumbled feta cheese over it.
- Garnish it with olive oil, salt, fresh herbs, and pepper.
3 – Stir-Fried Tofu and Vegetables
If you are a vegetarian and want a quick, protein-rich meal, tofu could be the best option to go with. While stir-frying the cooking method, this meal has a high nutritional profile, which keeps you focused all day.
- Mixed vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli, snap peas)
- Soy sauce, ginger, garlic
- Firm tofu
- Sesame oil Brown rice or noodles (optional)
- Press the tofu into a cube or other shapes.
- Then, stir-fry them along with vegetables in sesame oil containing ginger and garlic.
- Add soy sauce to it. Continue cooking until Tofu attains golden color.
- Serve could be done over brown rice or noodles as per requirement.
4 – Sheet Pan Salmon with Asparagus
Another quick and easy meal we have enlisted in this rundown is sheet pan salmon with asparagus. Besides providing an exceptionally flavorful taste, it also contains essential nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, and vitamins.
- Salmon fillets
- Olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, dill
- Run the oven until it attains the temperature of 400°F.
- Take a salmon sheet and place salmon and asparagus on it.
- Sprinkle chopped garlic, pepper, salt, dill, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Continue baking for a minimum of 15 to 20 minutes.
5 – Black Bean and Vegetable Quesadillas
Quesadillas can serve as the best dinner when you are short of time. Featuring black beans, which are high in protein and fiber, it provide you with energy. On the other hand, vegetables are a good source of carbohydrates to regulate the metabolism.
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack)
- Black beans (canned)
- Whole-grain tortillas
- Bell peppers, onions, corn
- Salsa, guacamole (optional)
- Firstly, drain and rinse the black beans.
- Then, saute these black beans alongside chopped veggies in a pan.
- Take the veggie-bean mixture and shredded cheese to assemble quesadillas.
- Start cooking until the cheese is melted and the tortillas become golden.
- Lastly, start serving with salsa or guacamole.
6 – Greek Yogurt Parfait with Berries
Greek yogurt parfait involves no cooking method and is perfect for entrepreneurs who are still single and have really no time to cook food for themselves. Greek yogurt provides the body with proteins and probiotics, while berries are tremendous antioxidants.
- Mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Granola Honey or maple syrup
- Greek yogurt
- Take a glass bowl and layer Greek yogurt with mixed berries.
- Add granola and drizzle honey or maple syrup as per taste.
7 – Egg Fried Rice
Egg-fried rice is also a classic quick meal and can be cooked really quickly and effortlessly. It combines proteins from eggs, carbohydrates from rice, and nutrients from vegetables to keep your body healthy and active.
- Eggs Mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- Boiled rice (preferably day-old)
- Soy sauce, sesame oil
- Green onions (optional)
- Preheat a skillet and scramble the eggs.
- Add already boiled rice along with veggies into the skillet.
- Then, stir in the soya soil as sesame oil.
- Stop cooking when you see the vegetable getting tendered.
- Serve it with green onion.
8 – Caprese Wrap
Lastly, we have placed Caprese wraps in this rundown on the easy and quick meals for busy lives. Featuring several high-quality ingredients, this meal is a rich source of proteins, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Tomatoes Fresh basil
- Whole-grain wraps or tortillas
- Balsamic glaze Salt
- Start with layering the mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and sliced tomatoes on a whole-grain wrap.
- Sprinkle it with salt and pepper and drizzle the balsamic glaze.
- Roll it up properly and add a toothpick if necessary.
Quick and easy meals are an important requirement of modern-day busy life to fulfill the nutritional requirements and stay active throughout the day. While many people don’t know how to cook wholesome food or may have a short time, they can try the meals detailed in this guide as I have prepared and eaten them personally to manage my hectic routine. You can also customize the recipes based on your taste buds or to add more flavor to your meal. In this way, you will not only be able to save your time and effort for other productive tasks but also improve your health.