This review will provide all the details about the game. Keep reading until the end.
This review includes notes, a summary, gameplay, as well as both the positives and the negatives of ARKNIGHTS.
I haven’t played Arknights in a while so I decided to ask a friend who is addicted (2 years of holy shit) their opinion. Another short one. Spoiler-free.
Summary of the Story
My friend said, “I stopped reading after I finished the first chapter.”
In a post-apocalyptic dystopian world, where animals are common, you wake up an amnesiac. As a Doctor, you command a team to find a cure for the human condition.
To stop your enemies from getting into your base, drag your tower defense operators onto blocks.
- Beeg brein tower defense.
- Entertainment same as the Gacha Neon game. So, you will not get bored.
- Although it has auto, I find it much more enjoyable to drag and drop Operators onto the field.
- Although futuristic designs may not be my style, the characters’ designs are still very good. They fit in the world perfectly and none of them stands out.
- Hypergraph commissions or contracts artists to design and create character outfits and designs. Many artists have also designed gacha games. (Girls’ Frontline, Azur Lane, etc)
- Auto and Sleep(TM). Turn on the auto farm to let the game run until you lose your sanity.
- Nian is adorable
- F2P friendly. My friend told me that they only purchase the monthly packs and that I haven’t spent any money on the game.
- Although I didn’t play for very long, I did manage to get Texas and Hoshiguma within a week. The gacha rates are okay.
- You will at least know what you get when you open a bag/summon. (Golden/silver spark)
- It’s really fun to open the bag when summoning, and it feels satisfying.
- It is simple to gather the currency that you will need to roll.
- The music slaps. Another gacha game with very cool music that suits the world. Steve Aoki.
- The story is so boring, it’s horrible. The first chapter was enough for me. I skipped the rest.
- Is anyone really reading the Arknights story? Either you are really invested in the story or you’re just plain bored.
- You can’t have Operators die on you to get three stars. I was about to run out of sanity (not in-game one) when my healers couldn’t heal the one DPS they could not heal because they were too far.
- Your character’s health drops while you watch helplessly as your healer is just one block away.
- That main screen? What the hell is that main screen supposed to do? It’s cool and stylish, but it makes me feel really claustrophobic. It’s almost like the cockpit on a plane. There are 500 buttons, and only a quarter of them work.
- There is no dialogue other than what appears on the main screen, including battles. – Friend
- I am very lazy in reading instructions. If you skip them, you will not be able to get them back. However, Wikia is a great resource. Even then, you’ll have to search through many words to find the information you need.
The gameplay and enemies are both great. It’s like you really do need to use your brain, so it’s a 10/10 game for its type.
Although I won’t be picking it up again, the dystopian futuristic world was not my style. However, it was fun and entertaining.