In the kitchen, hardware is a principal feature. Kitchen remodeling adds function to your cabinets and drawers and affects the look of your kitchen. What are the things to know when choosing kitchen hardware? Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
How to Choose the Perfect Kitchen Hardware for Your Home
When you’re planning a kitchen remodel, you will need to choose the proper hardware. Kitchen hardware can be functional and decorative. Choose pieces that complement your design scheme.
Consider the finish of your kitchen hardware. Do you want something that will blend in with your existing décor, or do you want to make a statement? If you’re going for a more subtle look, choose hardware with a finish that matches the rest of your kitchen. For a more dramatic look, go for hardware with a contrasting finish.
Think about the style of your kitchen hardware. Kitchen hardware comes in a variety of styles, from traditional to contemporary. Choose hardware that works within your tastes to help you enjoy being in your kitchen.
If you have a more traditional kitchen, choose hardware with a classic design. For a more modern kitchen, go for sleek, minimalist hardware.
Think about the function of your kitchen hardware. Do you need decorative pieces, or do you need pieces that are both decorative and functional? If you are using your kitchen hardware for cooking, choose pieces that are easy to grip and won’t get in the way. Look for pieces that can hold dishcloths.
How to Install New Kitchen Hardware
Kitchen hardware can change the look of your kitchen, and it’s not as difficult to install as you might think. Here’s a quick guide to installing new kitchen hardware:
1. Start by removing the old hardware. This usually includes unscrewing the existing knobs and taking them off. If any screws or nails are holding the hardware in place, remove them as well.
2. Clean up the surface where you will install the new hardware. Be sure to remove any old paint, residue, or debris.
3. Measure twice, drill once! Before you start drilling new holes for your hardware, be sure to measure twice to avoid any mistakes.
4. Install the new hardware. Once you’ve drilled the new holes, screw in the new kitchen hardware, but not too tight. Overtightening the screws could strip the hole.
5. Admire your handiwork! You’ve now installed new kitchen hardware, and your kitchen looks refreshed.
Tips for Cleaning and Caring for Your Hardware
Kitchen hardware can be one of the most noticeable aspects of your kitchen. It can be one of the most difficult to keep clean and well-maintained. Here are a few tips to help you keep your kitchen hardware looking its best:
• Wipe down your kitchen hardware with a soft, damp cloth. This will help remove any dirt or grime built up on the surface.
• If your kitchen hardware looks dull, you can polish it with a polishing cloth or a dampened sponge.
• Be careful when cleaning kitchen hardware made of brass or other metals. Avoid harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as these can damage the finish. Opt for a gentle cleanser designed for use on metal surfaces.
• Once kitchen hardware is clean and dry, protect it from wear and tear by applying a coating of clear varnish. This will help to keep the kitchen hardware looking like new for longer.
Satisfied With Your Kitchen Remodeling?
Now that your kitchen remodeling is complete, it’s time to enjoy your new space. Make it feel like home by adding décor that speaks to you. You can hang up some family photos or create a gallery wall with your favorite cookbooks.
Once everything is in place, you can start using your kitchen like you always have. Be sure to consult your kitchen hardware experts if you are unsure how to use a particular item. They can help you install any new hardware or cabinets for your kitchen.