There are times when we could use a little extra cash and there are many ways that we can make a little more money. You can take on a second job or do as much OT as you can to boost your income. There are also things in your home that you could sell for a good price.
- Scrap Jewellery – If you have a huge jewellery collection and don’t wear most of the pieces, you can sell the gold at scrap prices to a local gold bullion dealer. Each item would be hallmarked to show the purity and the dealer offers spot prices on 9,14,18 and 24k gold. Rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings are all accepted. Make sure you don’t give away a family heirloom!
- Old Cars & Motorcycles – If your old set of wheels is still in the garage, talk to a Campbelltown car removal service or a cash-for-car company in your city, and they will be happy to pay you cash and tow the vehicle away to be deregistered and recycled. It doesn’t matter what condition the vehicle is in, running or not, the car removal team has special trailers for transporting old cars.
- Digital Devices – Who doesn’t have a drawer full of old smartphones? It might surprise you to know there are minute amounts of gold in electrical appliances. There are online companies that will pay good money for old smartphones, tablets, and PCs, so rally around and search the house for old electrical appliances and digital devices.
- Old Furniture – If your spare room is full of old furniture, take some photos and post them in a Facebook classified group and you’re bound to find a buyer. Indeed, any furniture items that you don’t use can be posted for sale and cost nothing; be reasonable with your price and a buyer will snap the item up.
- Copper Wiring – All electrical wiring contains copper wire and the more you have, the more money you will receive. Every scrap metal dealer offers a market price (per kg) for copper and if you are prepared to strip the outer plastic, you get a higher price. Copper is very much sought-after and scrap metal dealers pay good prices for this metal.
- Scrap Metal – Old radiators, a/c units, and any other metal items can be gathered and sold for scrap. Old bicycles and toys are also worth money as scrap. Take a walk around the yard and you might be surprised at what you find. A typical family home might have enough to make a few hundred dollars, although you will have to sort everything.
- Start Growing Vegetables – If you have a corner of the garden, why not start growing organic produce? This will save you money while also providing the family with good nutrition. You may need to import some manure and spend a weekend digging it in, then you can plant a range of species, depending on your tastes, of course. If you have kids, this is a great project that teaches them about agriculture and you can oversee things, offering help when need.
As you can see, there are quite a few ways that you can make some extra cash and probably quite a few more; search the web for alternative ideas. Another good idea is to list all of your outgoings and see what you can cut to reduce spending. It is nice to enjoy a little luxury now and then, but saving money is sometimes more important.